To improve health and well-being in the Appalachian region through education, outreach, and advocacy emphasizing nutrition and other lifestyle choices.
Community partnerships enhancing the lives of Appalachians.
Personal empowerment through education and inspiration can bring about a powerful, positive change in the health and well-being of both individuals and organizations in our community.
Lifestyle changes can:
- Prevent chronic disease
- Reverse chronic disease
Important changes to make:
- Healthy eating – a whole foods diet rich in fruits, vegetables, beans and whole grains
- Exercise – be active every day
- Will help us change our community’s health culture
- Will be a model for others to follow
To make lasting change:
- Create policy and environmental changes
- Support changes where we live, learn and work
We can begin to achieve the dream of a healthier community by offering these evidence-based cornerstone programs and grassroots, community-based programs.